Sunday, January 30, 2011

17 weeks

I look forward to waking up every Sunday. A new Sunday means one week closer to meeting the beautiful being living inside me. I usually get my wake up call from Luke. He crawls in between Trav & I and we pull out the "What To Expect When You're Expecting" book. I know many probably don't read the book the second time around, but I am fascinated by it. I love to know exactly how my baby is doing at all times. Luke loves to see what the baby looks like from week to week too. We explain once again that the baby is inside Mommy's belly. He 'pets' my belly and gives it kisses, him & Daddy will talk to the baby. Then we have family talks about our hopes and dreams for the new addition to our family. We cannot wait!!!!

So even though I am exhausted, I HAD to keep up with my weekly update. Not that anyone else cares what happens week to week  but I feel like I would be failing myself if I didn't write this Sunday.

Nothing new has really happened. I have my dehydration under control!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Of course my belly feels like a fish tank, constantly filled with water. With the dehydration under control, everything with the exception of constipation else has been under control for the most part. Which means........ I get to eat!!!! A whole meal!!!! For the first time since Thanksgiving!!!! YESSSSS!!!! I'm still not 100% so I still feel crummy after I eat but I'm gettin there! I'm just sooo ready to be a big happy pregnant lady who can eat whatever she wants. Doesn't matter either way, my belly just keeps expanding with no food. So WHY NOT just add the food!!!

And freckles. Yes?! Freckles are appearing everywhere. I've heard/read that this can happen during pregnancy but it didn't happen with Luke so I didn't think it would this time. It's okay. I'll take a few extra angel kisses here and there for good luck!!!

3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!
 til we find out if Luke is going to have a
baby BROTHER or SISTER :)

1 comment:

Adrien said...

Hooray! Can't wait to find out if you have a Jack or Jill in there. Hehe. I got out the WTE book, too, with Grace!