Thursday, January 27, 2011

Regrets

I have never been that person that says I have no regrets.
In fact people who say that, I call BS.
Really? Noooo regrets? There is nothing in your life you wish you might have done differently?
Maybe big, maybe small. I don't know but I have a lot of em.
And I don't feel like a bad person when I say that I do have regrets.

Now, would I change my life now? No.
Is there things I wish were different in my life now? Well, yes.

I heard this song on my way to school today. (YES! There is one of my regrets! I regret that I felt pressured into going to McKendree. I regret that I was so gosh darn scared of going where I really wanted to. I regret having some stupid boy controlling my life for two and half years.) Well, that is more than one regret but it all led to the biggest regret that I did not complete my bachelors in 4 years like the rest of the world.

But anywho, this song. It made think a little differently. And yes, I know I started doing a Song of the week on Mondays and it is not Monday. But this is my blog & I make my own rules. Besides, the song is good!

Got a baby girl sleepin' in my bedroom
And her momma laughing in my arms
There's the sound of rain on the rooftop
And the game's about to start
I don't really know how I got here
But I'm so glad that I did
And it's crazy to think that one little thing
Could have changed all of this


Maybe it didn't turn out like I planned
Maybe thats why I'm such, such a lucky man
For every stoplight I didn't make
Every chance I did or I didn't take
All the nights I went too far
All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
All the things I knew but I didn't know
Thank God for all I missed


Cause it led me here to this
Like the girl that I loved in high school
Who said she could do better
Or the college I wanted to go to
Till I got that letter
All the fights and the tears and the heartache
I thought I'd never get through

And the moment I almost gave up
All led me here to you
I didn't understand it way back when
But sittin' here right now
It all makes perfect sense


Oh I cried when my momma passed away
And now I got an angel
Looking out for me today
So nothing's a mistake


I took out all the lyrics but one. Just so you could get a jist of the song if you haven't heard it yet. Gosh! It makes so much sense. It's not saying I HAVE NO REGRETS. But it is saying, hey...maybe all those regrets/mistakes I 'thought' I made, really weren't regrets? mistakes? maybe they were all supposed to happen to get me where I am today. Sure, I still have my regrets. But then again, they have made me the person I am today. And honestly, if I did things a little differently in my past Travis & Luke wouldn't of been in my life right now. Which is absolutely unimaginable. If my dad hadn't passed away, I wouldn't have Matt or all the other great people that came along with him. I could go on all day about the What If's, but I'm not. Because I am happy with my life and the people in it. Sure, I will always wish a 'few' things were a little different but life is always changing. Life is a ride and I can't wait to see where it takes me next.

Happy Thursday!!! ONE more day til Friday kids, we can make it :)

4 comments:

Adrien said...

I totally agree about having no regrets...it's kind of a crock, haha. I DO have regrets. There are certainly things along the way that have grown me and shaped me, but there are some decisions that helped nothing and hurt a lot. There are things that are better off just being erased from memory altogether. Yes, I regret those things tremendously. They don't affect my life now in the least bit, but they are memories that I wish would just GO AWAY.

Sara said...

Ahh yes... regrets... I have a bunch, although I have said that BS line about having none. It sounds good, I guess. I do sometimes look back at the first decision I made that I consider to be a "BIG mistake" and try to imagine where my life would have went from there, what not making that mistake would have changed. However, I like your theory, "Life is a ride and I can't wait to see where it takes me next."

Ashley said...

Good god Kelly you are becoming more and more insightful* everyday. I love it, and you! You couldn't be more right on with this!! :)

Sarah said...

I know it's a cliche but 'If I knew then, what I know now'...Hopefully my children will listen to me a little better than I listened to my mother!!

And Ash, you're a brat. It's Kelle with an E anyways :P