Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day A -- About Me


1. Where do you live - In a little yellow brick house for 20 more days!! The song was right, love does grow in little house. But it never says what happens when that love outgrows that little house :)



2. Are you married - YES!! I will admit that we are not the perfect couple, but I like us!! And I LOVE where we are going. Our relationship has grown by leaps and bounds lately and I've never been happier. ((I personally think I am finally rubbing off on him....)) The classic Johnny & June. Good hearted woman who married a good timin' man. There must be a special place in heaven for me ;)



3. Do you have children - Yes! Do you want me to go on & on about how perfect they are? Probably not, so I will just leave it at this. They are the loves of my life. Luke just turned 3 and Logan is just days shy of 7 months. Hands down, the two greatest gifts I could ever give this world.



4. Are you an only child - Nope, two brothers. Two pain in the butts who I love to pieces. Sure there is days I wish I had a sister. More now than when I was little. But I wouldn't trade them for anything. In fact, I wouldn't mind a couple more!! And I would have to say so myself, I'm pretty sure they both adore me ;)




5. What is your dream job - This is a dream job because I don't think I will EVER finish school.... To be a Social Worker in a behaivoral disorder school AND have my own private practice out of my home. Yes, to sit in rocking chairs on my front porch, sipping lemonade, getting paid to talk to someone about their problems. THAT would be my dream job. I get giddy just thinking about it. Maaaybe one day....



6. What is your best quality - Empathy.


7. What is your worst quality - No self confidence.


8. Are you a wall flower or attention seeker - Ahh, I don't know. Maybe a 3D flower. I like to socialize but I don't like to draw attention to myself. But boy, I would love to be one of those people that walks into a room and people just gravitate towards me. You know those people? What is it they have that I don't lol?


9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be - The East Coast. Eating fresh seafood and smelling the ocean everyday. Ahhhhh, amazing. Ok. Let's get real. I'm such a baby. I would LOVE to have a beach house in the Carolinas but I could never leave Red Bud. Right outside of town, no rock road, trees going up the driveway, a lake, so simple and sooo hard to come by. Obviously.



10. What is something people don't know about you - I would absolutely love to be a surrogate. Not for an agency but for someone I truly loved & knew would be an amazing parent(s). There are two I have considered and one just ended up getting pregnant after many failed attempts YAY!!! But, if the opportunity arises - I am all over it. After seeing what my parents went through with invetro & experiencing the unconditional love I have now as a parent it only makes sense. If I could give someone that gift, I would be so incredibly honored.

 
So yup, that's me. Completely original. Copying Heather's questions and all :)

15 comments:

Heather said...

I heart you. Especially number 10. And HELLO!!!! If we ever needed to run from the law for any reason, we are so heading to the east coast.

Lara said...

Your boys ARE perfect! So stinkin cute! I have often thought that I could be a surrogate. I have had easy pregnancies and how great would it be to give someone the most wonderful gift of all!

Christine Pettijohn said...

I have always wanted to be a surrogate also. I think it would be awesome to give someone that family they have always wanted.

Adrien said...

Love all of your answers!

Sarah said...

Aww thanks ladies :)

Are any of you highly considering becoming surrogates??

Sarah said...

And ummm Heather we can go even if we aren't running from the law lol. Girls trip?!

Heather said...

Man...all these available uterus's and me with out $75,000 to use them :)

Heather said...

Hell yes Sarah!!! Let's plan it!

Sarah said...

Heather! I would NEVER even think about charging you for my uterus! Crazy girl. It's a gift not a purchase.

And please let's do it!!! Perferably before I get knocked up again :)

Heather said...

The $75,000 is the implantation process the doctors charge. Oh believe me...I have researched this!

We can do this road trip any time after March!

Sarah said...

I don't know how your insurance works but my mom's insurance cover the first two invetros & her best friend was a surrogate for her on the 6th attempt & I know there is no way she paid that. I know her friends insurance combined with my parents covered it...I think. I will ask her the details! I do know you have to get a lawyer ... ya know so I don't steal your baby or something crazy like that :)

Sounds good to me!! Let's plan something now so I can start saving!

Heather said...

Hell yeah...ask her!! Baby thief :)

You let me know what town you want to go to, and I'll look into it. I've never been that way so I have no idea where to go.

Sarah said...

Wherever!! I have been to North & South Carolina. Love them both. Cheap but hella fun. Can you do that? lol

Lara said...

I have seriously thought about doing it, but I think I would wait untill after I was done having my own kids. I think I would only do it for a close friend or family member. I wouldn't want to get involved with some crazy family!

Sarah said...

Yes, defintely after I'm done having my own. Hopefully the next one is a girl so I CAN be done lol!! And I agree someone who I absolutely love. Not just some random wackadoodle :)