Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Missed you.

May 23rd was really my last post?? Really?!
 
Confession.
 
I'm really bad about time.
 
Being on time. Losing track of time. Realizing how much time has gone by.
 
One day. One day I will get a hang of this thing called life. Oyi.
 
Hmm.. Lots has been going on since May.
 
 We planned our first family vacation.
Liam started talking like crazy! I mean.. as much or more than Logan does.
We celebrated Luke's 1/2 birthday & Logan's 3rd birthday.
Logan got potty trained!!
Dad & I went to San Francisco to meet my biological family.
It was AMAZING! I'll write a whole post on that later. Prom!
We had an awesome 4th.
 Dad quit his job. Dad got a new job.
 We cancelled that first family vacation because Dad got a new job.
 Celebrated Mama turning 26.
And probably the most exciting thing that has happened this summer.......
 
We found out we are having another BOY!!!!
Lane Francis. I know.. adorable right?
Trav has begged me every boy if we could name him Lane.
He has quite the obsession with Lane Frost.
However, I would never give in.
Why should he get his name when he would never ever ever agree to my name?
 Pssshh.
But.
When I started playing around with middle names...
 
History lesson.
 
 Luke Matthew is named after Matt. Obviously.
 Logan Bradlee is named after both my dad Bradley and Trav's dad Roger Lee.
 Liam James is named after Trav's grandpa James.
There is no particular order of importance in the names.
 But we do love having their middle names after someone in the family.
 We are just lucky enough to be able to include a lot of grandpas :)
 
 So for this baby...
 I knew that I had to pick out a first name that would work with Harold Francis, my grandpa.
 One of my favorite people in the entire world.
 Lane won. I think Lane Francis goes together perfectly.
And I couldn't be happier with our choice.
 
Luke, Logan, Liam, & Lane.
Sigh. Just typing that out makes my heart all twitterpatted.
My boys. All four of them <3 p="">
 
Another confession.
 
Obviously.. I knew I was having my fourth child.
But.. the first time I said it outloud. "We are expecting our fourth."
I had an anxiety attack. Not even kidding you.
Which is completely absurd. I chose this life. I chose to have four kids.
But that does not make it not overwhelming.
Deep breaths Sarah. You got this.
 
I'm going to answer  your questions now.
Because I know you are thinking them.
 
YES.
Our family is complete. Physically, Mentally, Emotionally, Financially.. we can't. I can't.
 
YES.
 My heart does ache that I will never have a mother/daughter relationship.
 I am going to have to work on letting that dream go.
And pray that one day.. I will get a niece or a granddaughter. Something!
 
YES.
Despite what some might think..
I am completely happy with the fact that I am a mom of 4 boys.
My boys are wild and messy.
 But oh my word.
They are handsome and amazing and fun and perfect. And.. and.. and ;)
 
So here we are. Almost August.
 Luke & Logan are both registered for school.
School supplies have been bought. Bedtime has been moved up to 8.
We are just soaking in these last couple weeks together before our schedule becomes even crazier.
 
I already have a post scheduled for tomorrow.
 This blog is filled with empty promises & I didn't want to do that to you.
We missed you!


 

3 comments:

Cassie said...

glad you are back!!

Katie said...

I love naming babies after family :) Adelyn's middle name, Kaylee, comes from both of her grandmas middle names, Kay and Lee :) I'm a fan!

Also...from what I see, you are an amazing mother to those boys and your daughters-in-law will be so lucky to have your boys as husbands and you as a mother-in-law :) You are raising little gentlemen and as a mother of a girl, it makes my heart so happy to see how awesome your boys are!

Sarah said...

I love that Katie!!

And thank you so much. That means a lot!! :):)