Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day

Ahhhh, a snow day :)
I know it's only the first week of class, but I'll take it. I have to work tomorrow & Saturday so I might as well take the opportunity today to catch up on laundry and cleaning. BLAH! I might have to bust out Luke's snow pants I got him on BF. He has the pants, the coat, the hat, the gloves but no snow boots. What should I do? Wrap his shoes in saranwrap? No joke, I really think some people do this. Now the question is, does it work?

Nevermind, people DO do this.....

Awww, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. These poor babies. But not really, they look super excited!!! This handy Dad used Ziploc bags & Duct tape. Hmmmmm.... Well, there might be a picture of Luke like this after today. I don't get the hands though. How are those kids going to build a snow man or throw a snow ball?

I'm biting myself in the butt that I didn't get him a pair. I just didn't see the point in buying him boots that he was going to outgrow by next winter & he might only wear once or twice this winter. How was I to know that we would get a foot of snow every other week all winter. Sometimes it doesn't snow all winter. Which I would be totally cool with. I HATE winter!

In fact, I just facebooked (is that a word?) Red Bud's Tropical Sno last night & asked them when they were opening for the season. I NEED to know this. I have been craving sno cones this whole pregnancy. And you can never make them at home the way they do. OMGosh doesn't that sound amazing? Tutti Frutti, Elmo, Pink Lemonade oh yummmmmy! I even get my first sno cone of the season FREE with all my stamps I have. Did you know that????? For every, oh I think it's 7 sno cones you get one free?? How sweet is that?! I didn't realize this until the middle of summer, and boy oh boy do I think they regret letting me know. Luke & I have a sno cone addiction. I think we went there at least every other day. Some weeks everyday. We started out by getting a medium (in a large cup) *always do this, otherwise you loose half of your sno cone to the hot concrete* & sharing it. Well, soon Luke fell in love & we both ended up getting our own sno cones. Neither one of us liked sharing. This summer I have a feeling we might be going up for seconds. After all it would take a LOT of sno cones to = the extra 300 calories I need a day for baby! I lost count of how many flavors we tried last year, over 20 for sure. I think we should set a goal of 35 this year! Is this going a little overboard? It's sno cones, so I think not. I would say more than 35 flavors, but there are some that I just don't like. Vanilla & Chocolate on ice? Ew, no thanks. Pina Colada, double ew..coconut.

Ahhh, Heaven to my eyes!
Come onnnnn already warm weather, I need you :)

4 comments:

Adrien said...

Haha, I used to work at tropical sno, and I'm not kidding, I gained so much weight those summers. My favorites: red raspberry and blue raspberry mixed and Adam and Eve - red apple and green apple mixed. I'm also a fan of classic black cherry. Mmm....

I've heard of tying bread bags around the kiddos' feet, haha. But I think next year when Evie might appreciate the snow, we're going to buy RAIN boots. They'll do the same job as the snow boots, but we can use them in the spring, too! (Plus they're a billion times cuter.)

Sarah said...

No joking, when we moved into our house the 'old' tropical sno is right there. I begged Trav to let me buy it & run it. It would be a dream job of mine. Well, I might get a little chlosterphobic(sp), so maybe not a dream job. But I sure would love to make my own creations lol.

Rain boots are a GREAT idea!!! Thanks :)

Sara said...

Last summer I was pregnant and I craved tropical sno too! I had nobody to go with so I would go up there with my big belly and get a big sno cone and sit there and eat it, because I couldn't take it home! Prairie is just too far to drive! Every single time I came home with spots on my shirt! Yum, summer definitely cannot come fast enough!

Meagan said...

Does he have any cowboy boots?! That is what we use for Keegan and they seem to work pretty good...just have to make sure he wears a couple of layers of socks!