Wednesday, March 19, 2014

He believed he could. So he did.

As planned...
we voted, changed into our Grant gear, 
& headed to Fairview for a little moral support.
 
 
The headquarters just so happened to be at Fairview Inn.
Never heard of it?
Probably not.
It is a hole in the wall bar
my favorite kind
where Dickie (Matt's dad) just so happend to be famous.
 
Dickie passed away my senior year of high school.
He was wild. A good timin' man.
The most down right hilarious person I have ever met.
Truly one of my best friends.
We had an instant connection from the very first time we met.
He taught me so much. And loved me even more.
I could write an entire post blog about all his shenanigans
and how terribly I miss him.
In fact, if you ever wondered why Matt even allowed Travis to marry me...
I bet it is because Trav reminds him of his Dad ;)
 
The picture below was hanging above the bar.
It is a drawing of all the 'regulars' ...
See that guy in the top left hand corner.
Trucker's hat & that full beard.
That's Dickie :)
 
 
It was bittersweet.
When someone you love so dearly passes away...
the pain lessens but it never completely goes away.
We had a beer in his honor
and waited patiently for the polls to close.
 
 
Slowly but surely the results started coming in.
One precinct at a time.
It took almost 3 hours until all the votes were in.
And I am happy to report that the Referendum................
PASSED!!!!!!!!
It was a landslide
with 74.59% YES votes & 29.41% NO votes!!
Can you believe that?!
So awesome. So so so awesome!!!!!!
 
 
 
And so he did :)
 
I cried.
You know what is better than being happy?
Seeing someone you love so extremely happy.
Seriously. No better feeling in the world!!!!!!
 
A huge weight has been lifted off of his shoulders.
A weight that he has had to carry around for a long, long time.
I am sure he slept like a baby last night.
 
They ran a segment on News Channel 5 last night..
but of course they took his 3 minute speech
& cut it down to a 15 second piece.
you can see the entire thing on my facebook page
 
 
I am so elated for District 110.
All the students & faculty. And of course, my Matty.
I don't think I could ever put into words how much I love this man.
He is hands down, the most amazing person I have ever met.
He always does the right thing. Always.
I am so proud of him and incredibly honored to be his daughter.
 
My favorite thing someone said to us last night....
"That man is going places."
I have no doubt in my mind :):):):):):)
 


No comments: