Thursday, March 13, 2014

jeeps & curls

luke hasn't gone to school in 3 days.
i can't really pinpoint what is exactly wrong with him...
one minute he will be playing & the next minute he's back on the couch.
not the flu. but fevers and headaches, achy, sore throat.
thinking it might possibly be strep.
he was tested for it the other week & it came back negative.
but they told me to treat it as strep anyways?
i don't have a medical degree...so i'm just going along with it.
 
so far this week though....
we did get to venture out to get haircuts.
dad has been on my case for months to cut liam's curls.
 
 
 
ha. i will admit it was getting a little out of hand.
but i just kept hoping and praying it would curl all over.
not necessarily have the mullet effect. lol.
 
he did awesome for the most part..............
nothing a few gummies couldn't fix.
 
 
 
 
i'm not the kind of mom
that puts their baby's first curls in a baby book.
my boys don't even have baby books. whoops!
but that first haircut. 
man... it does get me every.single.time.
i may have shed a tear or two when we got home
after i got a good look at my not so little baby anymore ...
 
 
 
we soaked up some sunshine. 
and found mud. lots & lots of mud.
 imagine that....
 
 
he is soooooo lucky he is cute.
not only did we clean up mud for a good hour...
when i was hosing off everyone's shoes
sweet little claire said she could see water
going in the basement through the window.
 
sure enough. something broke. don't ask me what.
and we had to suck up 36 gallons of water in the basement..
i tell ya, it's always something around here.

and as of last night...
we got an offer on our jeep.
our jeep that wasn't for sale.
but they are giving us more than we owe.
so... as my husband puts it...
"it's too good of a deal to pass up sarah"
waaaahhh.

 
since we are down to one vehicle... we obviously need to get another one.
so tomorrow we are taking a little road trip up north.
just wait until you see what my redneck husband is buying...
 she's a beaut, an absolute beaut i tell ya.
 
and anyone who knows me whatsoever...
knows there ain't no way in hell i'm going to go without having a jeep.
i've owned a jeep ever since i was 16 years old.
i come from a jeep family. i live in a jeep town. 
it just wouldn't be right to not have one.
so between my dad, brother, husband, & i...
we will find a new one in a hot minute.
 
so if you see me drowning my sorrows
in pitcher of margs tonight.
forgive me.
no one should ever have to cut their baby's curls
and lose their precious jeep all in the same week.
 
 


2 comments:

Adrien said...

He is soooo cute! Looking like his big brothers with that haircut. :)

Yeah, I don't think we could pass up an offer like that, either! All of your pictures really make me miss the neighborhood…sigh…what could have been….

Sarah said...

Everyone keeps saying that!!! I'm going to have to do a comparison :)

And don't even get me started...I would absolutely LOVE for you to be my neighbor!! Oh the things we could do.. everyday!! :):)